Insurance Officer (contract)
- $32 Billion industry super fund
- Melbourne-based, newly created position
- Report to the Insurance Operations Manager
- Positive and collaborative work culture
- Minimum of 2 years of life insurance claims experience required
- Up to 12 months contract
This industry super fund has always placed the financial security of its members at the forefront of its operations. In this newly-created and diverse position in the Fund’s Trustee Office in the Melbourne CBD, you will play an integral role in ensuring that this commitment continues to be a guiding principle and practice for the future.
As a multi-sector fund, this organisation is well positioned for the challenges and extensive opportunities evident in the highly competitive superannuation sector now and into the future. Externally administered, the fund has developed a range of product and service offerings that have enabled continued growth and retention of both membership and participating employer bases.
The purpose of the position is to provide Trustee support in the oversight of all operational processes governing the claims and underwriting portfolio for the Fund including assessing and decisioning Death, Terminal Illness, TPD and IP claims.
You will be responsible and accountable in monitoring and supporting the evaluation of all service providers to ensure best practise standards and optimal member experiences are delivered.
- Assess and present approved claims for sign off;
- Review and prepare declined claims for Senior Management Review;
- Maintain data management/record keeping systems of claim and underwriting applications;
- Oversee regular and effective contact with all services providers to ensure the desired member experience is achieved on a day to day basis;
- Oversee claimant/applicant contact is maintained throughout the assessment process, including making direct contact as needed with claimants or their representatives – particularly in complaint handling situations; and
- Provide day to day direction, coaching and guidance to the administrator and/or insurer for routine, technical and complex applications. Ta
- Demonstrated experience in administration within a Trustee Office’s insurance team and/or life insurance industry;
- 2 plus years of claims assessing experience and strong technical knowledge;
- RG 146 compliance (preferred);
- Good knowledge of underwriting principles and practices for life insurance products; and
- A proactive approach, and a passion for quality and process improvement
For more information, please call Robert Kyte in total confidence on 0425 737 905. Alternatively, please email your resume to [email protected]